Author Topic: Making Money with AWB  (Read 37042 times)

Offline Don

Re: Making Money with AWB
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2010, 05:59:50 PM »
I published 6 new AWB sites today, bringing my total up to 17.

Yesterday was a pretty good day for me: $10.65.  I'm usually above $5 every day now.  Clicks are still coming in on the first three sites I published.  Google has indexed a few pages on my newer sites... so I should see my first click pretty soon.

This month my click through rate is hovering around 4%.  Is that too high?  Anyone?

Congrats on the income  ;)

Income wise, it seems we are more or less the same, but in general I think you are doing far better than me as I have more sites, so I would hope to earn more %-wise.

Your CTR is fine. Earlier I posted about my ctr and a few members and Adsenseboy have commented about ctr ... see http://www.forum.adsenseboy.com/index.php/topic,232.80.html The replies should prove useful to most members.

Again - well done you ;)

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2010, 06:06:10 PM »
Your CTR is fine. Earlier I posted about my ctr and a few members and Adsenseboy have commented about ctr ... see http://www.forum.adsenseboy.com/index.php/topic,232.80.html The replies should prove useful to most members.

Thanks Don... for everything.

Offline Don

« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2010, 08:22:34 PM »
No need to thank me mate - glad to help in any way possible.

Besides you have helped me in the past ;)

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2010, 11:29:16 AM »
I'm already getting visits from Google on some domains I published 6 days ago!  Now let's get some clicks. :)

Offline Don

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2010, 04:24:57 PM »
I'm already getting visits from Google on some domains I published 6 days ago!  Now let's get some clicks. :)

*lol*

Yeah - The latest version of AWB is fast...!!

When I first joined here ASA MEMBER, I remember being told that I should EXPECT to wait between 10-12 weeks before my sites started to make money and I am already on my way to my 2nd cheque after 8 weeks...

It's all good stuff ;)

\_/

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2010, 05:13:14 PM »
I'm a little upset today.  A couple of weeks ago, after a long break from working on this project, I upgraded one of my first websites from AWB version 1.2 to 1.5.  This created a big screw-up because apparently you can't upgrade from 1.2 to 1.5.  You have to go 1.2 - 1.3 - 1.4 - 1.5.  When I did that, the site started suffering.  Traffic slowly started to trend downward and CTR went down.

Today I bit the bullet and did a clean install of version 1.5 per tech support.  I'm upset because now it will take a few months for traffic to come back again.  Any advice on how I might be able to get back to where I was would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Don

« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2010, 08:09:22 PM »
I'm a little upset today.  A couple of weeks ago, after a long break from working on this project, I upgraded one of my first websites from AWB version 1.2 to 1.5.  This created a big screw-up because apparently you can't upgrade from 1.2 to 1.5.  You have to go 1.2 - 1.3 - 1.4 - 1.5.  When I did that, the site started suffering.  Traffic slowly started to trend downward and CTR went down.

Today I bit the bullet and did a clean install of version 1.5 per tech support.  I'm upset because now it will take a few months for traffic to come back again.  Any advice on how I might be able to get back to where I was would be greatly appreciated.

That sux..!!  Sorry to hear about that gavn8r :(

I'm no expert and hopefully some of the more experienced AWB members can give you something to work with... but if you want some bundles of keywords that are ready to go, I'll help you out that way.

You just find your domain names. It's not much, but it'll save you some time researching and the niches will pay off.

Let me know if it's something you might wanna use.

Best wishes.

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2010, 09:04:13 AM »
You're a gentleman, Don.  Thank you so much for your offer.  But I couldn't take advantage of you like that.  I'm just going to chalk this up to experience and just wait for the traffic to return.

Thanks again.

Offline Don

« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2010, 01:22:44 PM »
You're a gentleman, Don.  Thank you so much for your offer.  But I couldn't take advantage of you like that.  I'm just going to chalk this up to experience and just wait for the traffic to return.

Thanks again.

What are you trying to do gavn8r? Ruin my reputation? I ain't no gentleman..!! (I've been called many things before - but never a gentleman!) *lol*

Joking apart - I know how it must feel to be what feels "neck deep" and my offer still stands.

You have helped me out before and it's just a way of returning a favour.

However, I hope you soon get back on track mate.

Best wishes!  \_/

Offline Jeremy

« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2010, 07:00:28 AM »
gavn8r, I'm sorry to hear that... In other hand, I think it's natural that updates need to be applied one by one. For example, if you use Windows 2000 and decide to install Windows 7, your settings will not be saved and you will need to re-configure everything from 0. But if you decide to upgrade from Vista, it will work just perfect.

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2010, 09:26:17 AM »
Yeah, you're right Jeremy.

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2010, 01:00:23 PM »
Well, I think I'm back on track.  Don, being the gentleman that he is, provided me with some categories and keywords to help me get more sites up and running.  I've published one of them so far.  I was also able to get the categories and keywords out of the old 1.2 installation of one of my first sites installed with the old publishing dates (thanks to a little MySQL administration trickery).  I checked my Webmaster tools and it looks like Google is satisfied with my work as the pages are re-indexed.  Yesterday was a $5.69 day, so I may be back to where I started when all this fell apart four days ago.  :)

I have a well-performing site that is still version 1.2 that I'd like to upgrade to version 1.5 without all the hubub.  Does anybody have the 1.3 and 1.4 files?

Offline JagMan

« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2010, 01:04:52 PM »
gavn8r, if you use THE SAME categories/keywords on re-installed sites, you should NOT loose rankings and traffic because AWB will rebuild the same paages again. Yes, the content will be different than old one (if you didn't export it), but at least your site will not have 404 errors in search engines because the same filenames will be used.

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2010, 01:10:05 PM »
gavn8r, if you use THE SAME categories/keywords on re-installed sites, you should NOT loose rankings and traffic because AWB will rebuild the same paages again. Yes, the content will be different than old one (if you didn't export it), but at least your site will not have 404 errors in search engines because the same filenames will be used.

This is true, unless the pages that were already created on the old installation haven't yet been created on the new, right?  Then there would be a 404 error, yes?

Offline Matthew

• eBGenius Team
  • Administrator
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2010, 01:37:49 PM »
Yes guys, this is correct. However, if you believe that all pages were published on old sites, you can force AWB to publish many pages at once using new installation (simply visit 'Update Content' section and use it as many times as needed).
Matthew,
CEO & Founder

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »
Thanks Adsenseboy.

BTW, I figured out how to upgrade my two remaining sites from 1.2 to 1.5 without having to go through 1.3 and 1.4.  It takes a bit of SQL Admin know-how, but I just got one of them done.  One more to go and I'm all up to date without losing any traffic.

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2010, 06:53:40 PM »
I got busy today and published some more sites.  My total is now 22.

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2010, 07:09:43 PM »
Hey guys,

I just did a spot check of my sites and no Google Ads are displaying.  I haven't received any messages from Google, so I'm left wondering if my account has been deactivated.  Has anyone had any experience with this?

Offline Don

« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2010, 07:34:18 PM »
I got busy today and published some more sites.  My total is now 22.

man - ur still making more than me...!! :p

Glad 2 c ur getting back on track.

All's well that ends well :)

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2010, 10:49:40 AM »
I just did a spot check of my sites and no Google Ads are displaying.  I haven't received any messages from Google, so I'm left wondering if my account has been deactivated.  Has anyone had any experience with this?

I guess I'm just on edge.  I re-checked when I got home from work and the ads are back up.  Phwew!  Sorry to be so jumpy.  >:(