Author Topic: Making Money with AWB  (Read 37040 times)

Offline gavn8r

Making Money with AWB
« on: June 05, 2010, 08:59:48 PM »
I just thought I'd start this thread and report on how I'm doing with the ultimate goal of making money with Adsense.  I think I'll chime in every week or so.

I've only purchased Automatic Website Builder.  I haven't purchased any of the marketing software.  I think I may buy the comment poster in a couple of weeks.  First, I need to get some sites up.

This is what I've done so far:

Day 1
  • I purchased the software and attempted to install the software on one of my domains.  I ran into trouble with Zend Optimizer.  I have been hosting my websites on a GoDaddy Virtual Dedicated Server.  I've had a lot of problems with the server and GoDaddy is no help at all when it comes to service.  So I ended up buying a hosting service with Hosting 24.  I pay about $8.00 a month for unlimited domains, storage, and data transfer.  That's much better than the $30/month I spend at GoDaddy for 10GB storage.
  • Once I got the domain pointed over to the new server, it installed piece of cake.  It took about 30 minutes to completely configure.  Most of the time was spent trying to come up with the right keywords.  I think I'll shave that time down to just 5 or 10 minutes next time.  I'll do that by preparing my list of categories and keywords before actually installing the website.

Day 2
  • I uploaded the first domain's info to Google Webmaster Tools, including the sitemap which is included in AWB.  I'm hopeful that I will begin to get a little organic traffic in a week or two.  When I was setting up the site, I added 24 categories and 1050 keywords.
  • I've begun the process of setting up three more domains on the new server.  I've updated the nameserver settings at the registrar to point to my Hosting 24 server.  I uploaded the AWB files.  As soon as the DNS updates, I'll set up those three site like I did the first.

I think I should add that right now I make between $.10 and $5.00 a day on adsense.  I have 28 domains with ads on them, but they are not primarily about making adsense dollars.  They were mostly built for fun.  But I think I'll be able to turn that around by using AWB.

Right now I have about 20 domains that I'm doing nothing with.  It will probably take me a few weeks to get them all up on the server and the AWB sites installed.  Once I'm done with that process, I'll evaluate whether or not to but any marketing software.

That's all to post for now.  I'll update you in the coming days.

Offline Thomas

Re: Making Money with AWB
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 05:03:59 AM »
gavn8r, I have some tips about keywords, I hope they *MAY BE* be useful for you.

When I launch new websites, I always prepare keywords (sorted by categories) first. For example, if I'm ready to launch 10 new sites next week, I get WordTracker or KeywordCountry membership for a day or week (once again, it depends on number of sites I want to launch) and I do nothing but RESEARCHING KEYWORDS for each site. If my 1st site is going to be about hotels, I collect keywords about hotels, motels, etc. Then I simply save all keywords to TXT file and continue researching another category.

When next week comes, I just copy/paste keywords into each site, and all my sites get ready in minutes! Then I reset for a while, and continue collecting new keywords to improve my earnings.

Offline Thomas

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 05:06:27 AM »
P.S. I agree that GoDaddy SUCKS!

Offline JagMan

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 05:10:45 AM »
GoDaddy servers are awful. I had a VPS with GoDaddy, and I will never never never use GoDaddy hosting again. They are very good for domains, but not for hosting.

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 06:47:46 AM »
Great advice Thomas.  I think I'll do the word tracker thing in the future.  Yesterday I got 2 more sites up.  So now I have a total of three.  To find categories and keywords, I searched out some of the major competitors to see what words they were using.  Then I went to Google Adwords and used their keyword finder.  For each of the sites I made about 35 categories and each category had 50 - 100 keywords.  I know this is pretty rudimentary, but I didn't want to spend very much more money for these first websites.

I also uploaded the site information/sitemap to Google Webmaster tools.  None of them have been indexed yet, but I don't expect that they will for a week or two.

Any advice on how to market the sites?  I know I'll be buying one of the Adsenseboy packages eventually.  But for now, is there a way I can start driving a little traffic?

Offline Eve

• Running on all cylinders
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 07:07:31 AM »
gavn8r, using keywords from Google is a bad idea. I made this mistake too, and my sites had very low traffic. Google displays keywords according to their popularity/profit from advertisers view! KeywordCountry and WordTracker display keywords from STANDARD USERS view, and this is what you need!

I got twice more traffic when I REMOVED all keywords suggested by Google and added keywords from other services.
Born to perform

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 07:08:50 AM »
Aha.  Okay, so I NEED to go over to Keyword Country or Word Tracker.

Offline Matthew

• eBGenius Team
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 07:20:22 AM »
If you buy a membership for one of these sites, forget about building new sites for that time, and spend all time to collect as many keywords as possible (to get the max value for your dollar).

You could also ask member sharazsss ( http://www.forum.adsenseboy.com/index.php?action=profile;u=4 ) about his success with keywords. He is a close friend of mine and he also used Google keywords suggestion to collect keywords first, but his success wasn't that great. However, he got better results after switching to another keywords research service (but I can't remember which one exactly).
Matthew,
CEO & Founder

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 07:37:40 AM »
Thank you for the referral.  I just sent him a PM.

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 07:42:05 AM »
Does the auto keywords module use wordtracker or keywordcountry?

Offline Matthew

• eBGenius Team
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 07:49:16 AM »
Auto Keywords module uses both services (randomly).
Matthew,
CEO & Founder

Offline sharazsss

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 07:59:14 AM »
Yes, I used google keyword research tool before and I still have some sites with keywords from this tool but they get ~ 1 visit per day :) in the near future I will replace those keywords from KeywordCountry or WordTracker.

For some other sites I used KeywordCountry and they get much more trafic from search engines.

So I don't recomend you to use google keyword research tools, because that will be a waste of time.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 08:00:51 AM by sharazsss »

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
How about the free keyword tool at Word Tracker? (http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com)  Is that any better than Google Adwords or should I bite the bullet and pay for the service at WordTracker or KeywordCountry?

Also, I'm curious how many AWB sites each of you have and what is your approximate income per month with that number of sites?  Is anybody willing to share?  You could send me a PM if you don't want to publish that info.

Offline Matthew

• eBGenius Team
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 12:40:15 AM »
Yes, it's still better than Google
Matthew,
CEO & Founder

Offline Eve

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 10:53:03 AM »
gavn8r, I believe that even dirty cheap (or even free) keyword research service is at least twice better than Google keyword suggestion tool. At least when it comes to TRAFFIC AND MONEY MAKING (not advertising your own stuff).
Born to perform

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 07:27:14 AM »
I was excited this morning to log in to Google Webmast Tools and find that the first AWB site I put up has a few pages indexed.  That took a total of 5 days.  The other two sites that I put up aren't indexed yet, but are sure to follow.

Pages are being added automatically every 24 hours, just like the software says it does.  Awesome.

I've been spending my time gathering categories and keywords for my next 5 sites.  I'm about half way done I think.  When I get that work finished, I'll publish those sites, too, and will let you know my progress.

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 09:45:19 AM »
Update:

Still waiting for my other two sites to be indexed by Google.  It'll probably be another week or so.

Haven't gotten any clicks on either of the three sites' ads yet.  I figured I needed to bite the bullet and force the issue.  So last night I purchased Blog Comment Poster.  I'm going through the process of setting that up right now.  It's very easy to do... simple a straight forward.  Right now I'm working on creating a list of comments to post.  So far I have 15 for the three domains.  I figure I should have 100 or so to ensure I'm not identified as a spammer.

I've also been using the free keyword tool from Word Tracker to generate lists of keywords for my next few sites.  It's kind of a long process, but the site installations will be very quick once I've done all the prep work.

Any advice/tips/tricks on how to utilize Blog Comment Poster to it's fullest?

Offline Eve

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 01:46:31 PM »
gavn8r, no matter what promotion tool you use, I have one suggestion for you - please be patient and do NOT build too many links!
Born to perform

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 05:44:43 PM »
How many is too many?

Offline gavn8r

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 09:56:06 PM »
Today I noticed three organic visitors on two of the three sites I put up in Google Analytics.  I logged into Google Webmaster tools and at total of 63 pages have been indexed bwteen the three sites.  I haven't yet completely configured Blog Comment Poster for any of the three sites.  I'm hoping to get to that by this weekend.

That's my update.  Today is day 11.